This cake is very light and similar to butter cake. Orange is giving more flavour and fragrance to cake. Serve with Orange syrup it’s giving more flavour and moist it too.
Poach Quince in Orange Syrup
2 medium Quince or 3-4 small Quince
200ml Orange juice
1 cinnamon bark
1 spring Thyme (optional)
- Peel Quince, cut into quarter remove cores. Cut each quarter lengthwise into about thicker1½ cm-2cm.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan , simmer in low heat. Without boiling. Until sugar is dissolved.
4. Place Quince into the pan. Poach them (low heat) until soft. Slowly take out Quince from the pan. Leave them in plat or try, until you need.
5. Simmer the left over liquid (from poached Quince) in same pan. Until come to syrup texture, bit sticky. Not to sticky
2 cups self-rising flour
¾ cup castor sugar
2 eggs room temperature
½ cup butter room temperature
1/3 cup Orange juice
1tb Orange zest
1. Preheat oven at 180c (350F) fan 170c.
2. Grease a 8 inch round cake pan, line bottom with baking paper.
3. Beat butter and sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs once at time. And beat. Fold in flour, orange zest and orange juice.
4. Spread cake mixture over bottom of prepared pan. Then poached Quince over top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes.
5. When is cake baked, let stand it in pan 10 minutes. Turn onto wire rack to cool.
Serve warm or cold with Orange Syrup.