Try this yummy pasta sauce. This recipe is full of flavours and more vegetables. You can use this sauce in many ways. For ex; pasta dish; for Bolognese sauce, casseroles, fish and shellfish, and some soup dishes. For me, Iam just happy with boiled past with this sauce and sprinkled with my favourite cheeses.
100 g Celery, roughly chopped
200 g Carrots, roughly chopped
200g onions, quartered
2-3 garlic cloves
30 g olive oil or choice of oil
50 g tomato paste
800 g can whole peeled tomatoes crush them by fork or use your hand
410 g tomato puree
5-10 g fresh parsley or 1 ½ tsp dried parsley
5 g fresh basil or 1tsp dried basil
5 g fresh oregano or 1tsp dried oregano (optional)
Chilli flanks or chilli powder to taste (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place celery and herbs into TM bowl. and chop 2 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
2. place carrots in to TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds / speed 5. set aside. see pictures
3. Place garlic into TM bowl and chop 2 seconds / speed 5.
4. Add onions in to TM bowl, chop 2 seconds / speed5. Open TM lid and scrape down sides of bowl with spatula. Again chop onion 1 second / speed 5.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula. Add oil and sauté for 5 minutes / speed 2 / 100°c
6.Add tomato paste, carrots, celery with herbs and sauté 4 minutes / speed 2 / 100c / reverse.
7. Add whole peeled tomatoes, tomato puree. Placing basket instead MC on to TM bowl lid and cook 25 minutes / speed 1 / 100°c on reverse.
8.Season with salt and black pepper. If you desired to have chilli then add chilli flanks or chilli powder to your taste.
9. Cook another 5 minutes / speed 2 / 100c / reverse ( placing basket on to TM bowl lid).
Tip and hint;
Used whole peeled tomatoes; taste better then diced tomato. Diced tomato gives a bitter taste. Because when tomato seeds are cut they are damaged.
This is the secret why diced tomato gives you a bitter taste.
IF You like to have hot spicy pasta sauce, then add some chopped fresh red chilli in to sauce, when you are cooking it.
If you like red pepper ( capsicum) add chopped red pepper 50-100g.
If desired to have thick sauce and more vegetables, add chopped carrots 100 g.