This salad is good for all the occasions, when strawberry is in the season.
Preparations time; 30 minutes
450g free range boneless chicken breast.
1 tbs gluten free soy sauce
1 tbs Raw or natural honey
2 tsp Grape seed oil or choice of iol
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Place all the above ingredients in a suitable bowl or container, Mix well. Place chicken breast and rub the marinade all over the chicken. Cover and refrigerator until you need.
3 tbs (45 ml) honey
2 tbs (30 ml) organic apple cider vinegar
3 tbs (45 ml) grape seed oil or choice of oil
½ tsp ground pink Himalayan salt or choice of salt
½ tsp poppy seeds
¼ tsp paprika
200 g Cos ( Romaine) lettuce (I used baby Cos lettuce). Washed, drain and torn
400 g fresh strawberries, Washed and sliced
25 g sliced silver almonds or choice of nuts, roughly chopped
2. Heat honey and vinegar for 20 seconds in a microwave. In a small container, beat the warm honey mixture and all other dressing ingredients. Set aside.
3. Heat the oven or BBQ grill and grill the chicken 15 – 20 minutes. Turning it ones. And set aside for cool.
4. Slice the chicken into diagonally ( parallel) and set aside.
5. In a bowl combine the lettuce, strawberries and 1/3 of the salad dressing. Gently give a good mix.
6. Arrange a plates with lettuce strawberries, top with slice chicken and sprinkle more dressing and garnish with sliced almond and spring (green) onions.
Hint and Tips:
This salad go with on the Christmas table. You can substitute turkey for chicken breast.
Lettuce substitute spinach or any other your choice of lettuce.
For low GI option; honey substitute for coconut sugar or maple syrup or your choice of low GI sweeteners.