This simple marinade with few ingredients give wonderful succulent roast. Lavender and rosemary is a great combination for the lamb. It gives tenderness to the meat.
preparations time; 10 minutes pluls cooking times; 1hour and 40 minutes.
2.5 kg leg of lamb, trim the fat
20 g garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
2 g fresh rosemary leaves
2 g lavender leaves
1 ½ tbs Olive oil or choice of yours cooking oil
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp crushed black pepper
½ cup Masala or port
1. Use a small, sharp knife point to make incision all over the lamb.
3. Opening them like little pockets. Insert the garlic, lavender and rosemary leaves into the pockets. Carefully use your knife point to help you to insert the herbs.
4. Place the lamb in roasting pan and pour olive oil over it.
Roast in preheat oven 210c ( fan force oven 200c) 20 minutes.
5. Turn down the oven temperature to 190c (fan force oven 180c). Remove lamb from the oven and season with salt and black pepper on both side.
6. Turn the lamb over, return to the oven.
Roast for 1 hour. Pour the masala or port over the lamb and roast further 20 minutes.
7. Place lamb to a plate or carving board and cover with foil.
8. Heat the sauce in high heat, boil until syrupy.
9. Serve lamb with warm sauce.
Hints & Tips:
Keep the leftover sliced and cover with cling wrap or zip lock bag in the refrigerator or place in the freezer.
Leftover roasted lamb can use for salads, sandwiches, meat loaf and pasta dishes.