This Mexican flavoured green salsa goes with many varieties of Mexican dishes, example; dips, topping, garnish and as a side dish.
Preparations times; under 10 minutes plus cooking times.
500g green tomatoes, cut into half
150g onion peeled and cut into quarter
75 g no hot green chilli or green capsicum
30g coriander ( cilantro) with stem, roughly chopped
6-8g garlic cloves, peeled
2-3 green jalapeno chillies or 5-8 hot green chillies
chopped into half
½ tsp level cumin powder
½ tsp level dried oregano
½ tsp level pink Himalayan salt or choice of salt
½ tsp level row sugar or white sugar or choice of sweetness
2 (15 ml) tbs cooking oil
1. Place garlic and chillies into TM bowl chop 5 seconds / speed 5.
2. Place coriander stem and onion chop 2 seconds / speed5.Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
3. Add the tomatoes into TM bowl and chop 3 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
4. Add oil, salt, oregano, sugar and cumin. Bring to boil 5 minutes / varoma / reverse / speed 1.
5. Then reduce temperature to 90°c / reverse /15 minutes / speed 1.
* Some type of tomato has lots of water. If there too much liquid, cook 100°c / 5 – 8 minutes / reverse / speed1. Until your desire consistency.