Mangoes are delicious and luxurious – one of the best tropical fruits.
This panna cotta dessert, gives a freshness to your palate. Your family and friends will love this dessert, combination of mango with orange sauce, gives flavour and fragrance from the orange zest.
Preparation time; 15 minutes + chilled times 5-5.5 hours.
mango mixture; 460ml
coconut mixture; 650ml-660ml
350g mango flesh
60ml (¼ cup) fresh orange juice
2 level tbs castor sugar or your choice of sugar .
2 ½ level tsp gelatine powder
60ml (¼ cup) orange juice
1. Place 60 ml (¼ cup) orange juice into small microwave suitable container, heat orange juice in microwave (100% high) 20 seconds. Mix warm orange juice and gelatine, stir until gelatine is dissolved. Set aside in a warm place.
2. Place mango flash, orange juice and sugar into the TM bowl, cover with MC and puree for 10 seconds / speed 10.
3. Add gelatine mixture into mango puree and mix for 5 seconds / speed 6.
4. Divide evenly between lightly oiled 120 ml (½ cup )capacity 9 dairy moulds. Refrigerate for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until set.
240 ml (2 cups) coconut cream (I used macro Organic coconut cream)
60 ml (¼ cup) water
4-5 level tbs castor sugar to taste, or your choice of sugar
60 ml (¼ cup) water
2 ¾ level tsp gelatine powder
1. Place 60 ml (¼ cup) water into small microwave suitable container, heat water in microwave (100% high) 20 to 30 seconds. Mix hot water and gelatine, stir until gelatine dissolved. Set aside in warm place.
2. Place coconut milk and sugar into TM bowl, cook for 3 minutes / 100°c / speed 1.
3. Place gelatine mixture into cooked coconut mixture and cover with MC. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 5.
4. Pour over mango layer and refrigerator 3 hours or until set.
5. Turn panna cotta out into serving plates. ( if it is difficult to release, use paring knife around the inside of mould or dip briefly in hot water then try again).
Serve with Orange sauce. or tropical fruits or chopped caramelised nuts.
For Orange sauce:
250 ml fresh orange juice
Zest from one orange
4 (15 ml) level tbs castor sugar to taste
1 ½ level tsp arrowroot powder
1. Place orange juice and sugar into TM bowl and cover with MC. Beat for 5 seconds / speed 7.
2. Add orange zest into orange mixture and cook for 10 minutes / soft / reverse / 90°c.
3. Place into suitable container cover and refrigerate until needed.
* Can keep this sauce in refrigerator up to 3 to 4 days.
Tips and hints:
Keep gelatine mixture in a warm hot water in a bowl.
Fresh flavour; use fresh ripe mango and fresh orange for juice.
Use 120ml (½ cup) capacity container to dissolve the gelatine.
Can serve panna cotta with tropical fruits or caramelise nuts or tropical fruit puree.
Panna cotta keep in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
Arrowroot flour substitute corn flour
adding arrowroot powder to sauce gives clear appearance to the sauce.
adding corn flour for fruit sauce gives cloudy look to the sauce.