This recipe I adapted from my mother in Sri Lanka. Accompanied with rice and goes well with sandwich or wrap with fresh salad leaves.
Preparation+ cooking times 15 mins.
Serve as a side dish for two.
2 organic or free range eggs, boiled, peeled, cut into half.
200 g tomatoes (can use cherry tomatoes)
70 g onion, sliced
2 tsp lime juice or lemon juice
½ level tsp ground pink Himalayan salt or choice of salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1-2 hot or mild flavour fresh green or red chillies, finely sliced (optional)
1. Cut tomatoes in half, then slice thinly, set a side.
2. Onion cut into half, then thinly slice.
3. In a salad plate or bowl, place sliced onion, chillies, salt, lime juice and pepper, mix until well combined.
4. Add the sliced tomato into bowl, gently toss onion with tomatoes.
5. Add eggs into bowl and gently toss through and serve.