This dhal curry dish very easier to make. Consistency of this curry dish is thick. But you can easy to adjust to you’re liking consistency.
Preparation + cooking times; 35 mins.
200g Dhal (red lentils)
150g any type of kale with stem
75g onion or shallots
1tbs (15ml) cooking oil (I used coconut oil)
1/2tsp level chilli powder
1/2tsp level ground turmeric
1/2 tsp level salt (I used himalayan salt)
1/2 tsp level ground coriander
1/4 tsp level ground cumin
1 spring of curry leaves (optional)
250ml coconut milk
1. Peeled and place onion into TM bowl. Chop onion for2 seconds / speed 5.
2. Add the oil into TM bowl, sauté onion for 6 minutes / varoma / speed 1.
3.Use spatula and scrub down the side of the TM bowl. sauté for another 2 minutes / varoma / speed 1.
4. Meanwhile rinse the dhal 2-3 times rub and squeeze dhal with your fingers. Place the rinsed dhal into the TM bowl.
5.Wash the kale, roughly chop the kale leaves and set aside.
6. Chop the kale stem into 1 cm size and place kale stem,chilli powder, turmeric, salt, coriander, cumin,water, coconut milk and curry leave into TM bowl.
7. Cook for 6 minutes, varoma / speed soft / reverse.
8. Remove the TM lid, place the chopped kale leave. Cook for another 7 minutes / 100°c / reverse / speed soft.
Serve with steam rice, bread or roti.
hints & Tips:
Alternative vegetable; any type of spinach, any type of amaranth, silver beet.
thin consistencies of curry; reduce 75g of dhal or increase 100ml water plus 100ml coconut milk.
more aroma flavour; can add 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 roughly chopped cardamom pods.
Can add sliced 1 clove garlic and finely chopped 1 fresh green chilli.