Prep; time + cooking times; 45 mins.
serves 3 to 4.
750 g butternut pumpkin (squash), peeled, seeded and cut into 1.5 cm cubes
200 g leeks (white part) slice into 0.5 cm pieces
150 g stick celery, slice into 1 cm pieces
1 1/2 tbs cooking oil (I used red Island extra virgin olive oil)
1(15 ml) level tbs fennel seeds
750 ml water
1 level tsp Himalayan salt or choice of salt
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, celery and fennel seeds sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetable soft.
2. Add pumpkin, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add water and salt cover, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium to low, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
4. Remove from heat and using electric stick mixer or blender or food processor blend soup until smooth.
5. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with herbs you’re liking.