This robust bone soup dish make great meal for your dinner
It doesn’t really need bread.
Preparations times + cooking times 6 hours.
serve 5 to 6
1 kg bone with meat (lamb, beef or veal) I used lamb forequarter
500 g peeled, carrot slice into 2.5 cm thick
500 g to 600 g peeled sweet potato slice into 3.5 cm thick
250 g sliced leek, white part
150 g sliced celery sticks
400 g roughly chopped fresh tomatoes
20 g cloves garlic
20 g sliced fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp level dried ground ginger
06 g cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp level ground cinnamon
6 – 8 bruised cardamom pods
2 fresh bay leaves or 3 dried bay leaves
2 tsp level sweet or smoked paprika
2 tsp level ground coriander
1 tsp level ground fennel
1 tsp level rock salt (I used himalayan salt)
1 cubed beef or chicken stock
1/2 tsp level ground turmeric
1/2 tsp level ground cumin
1/2 tsp level crushed black pepper
1 tbs cooking oil (I used coconut oil)
1500 ml water
1. Rub the meat with all dried ingredients. Place meat, carrot,sweet potato and stock cube in the slow cooker.
2. Heat oil in a pan medium to high heat. Place chopped celery, leek and garlic. Fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Place the tomato and sauté for 3 minutes. Place water, bring to boil and pour sauce over the meat and mix well.
4. Covered and cook on high, till boiled. Turn meat once during cooking time for even cooking.
5. Reduce heat to low, cook for another 2 to 3 hours. (depending on their thickness) until meat cook through and you’re liking.
Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with herbs you’re liking.