Green curry paste is one of the hot type you can make as a paste,. but you can reduce or increase the level of hotness from the chillies. I don’t use onion, but I use spring onions (green onion) for more color .
This green curry paste will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For this recipe; I used fresh herbs from my garden except spring onions
Preparations time; 15 mins.
make 480 g to 490 g
1 & 1/2 tbs level coriander seeds
1 & 1/2 tsp level cumin seeds
100 g washed,pad dried spring onion (scallions / shallots / green onion) roughly chopped
100 g washed pad dried fresh coriander ( cilantro) with roots and stems, roughly chopped
50 g fresh hot green chillies
40 g cloves garlic, peeled
60 g stalks lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
25 g washed galangal with skin, roughly chopped
4 g Thai basil leaves (optional)
2 g (2-4) fresh kaffir lime leaves
10 g dried shrimp paste
3 (45 ml) tbs fish sauce
1 tbs cooking oil
1. Heat the frypan over medium heat. Place coriander seeds and cumin seeds. Stir and dry roast until they are fragrant for about 1 minutes.
2. Wrapped the shrimp paste tightly in a foil. Then dry roast the shrimp paste on pan or stove 1 to 2 minutes. Flipped once.
3. Place roasted seeds into TM bowl. Grind for 10 seconds / speed10.
4. Place galangal and garlic into TM bowl. Chop for 10 seconds / speed 10.
5. Place all above ingredients into TM bowl. Puree for 40 seconds / speed 10.
6. Scrub the bowl and lid with spatula and again puree for 30 seconds / speed 10.
7. Spoon into clean airtight container and keep in a refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Or spoon into sterilized jar and seal, keep in a refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Hints & tips;
Making your own curry paste allow you to verify the ingredients to suit your taste and preservative free.
Fried curry paste can keep in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Or keeps in the freezer for up to 3 to 5 months.
Green curry paste goes with chicken, fish, seafoods and vegetables.
For small amount of paste, the recipe can divide into two for your convenient