When it comes to health and wellbeing, there are lots of little things you can do to stay fighting fit. Combination of salmon, tomatoes, avocados,mangoes, pawpaw (papaya) watercress and almonds have one thing in common .They all are nutritionally super food. Salmon confit is one of my favourite dishes. It is important to keep good texture & color of the salmon.
3. Wash the salted salmon under the cold tap water. Pat salmon dry with kitchen paper towel. Arrange the salmon on the shallow baking dish. Not too large, just to fit the salmon into it. Otherwise you will need lots of oil to cover the salmon.
5. Heat oil on stove 55 °c. Do not overheat oil. Slowly pour the oil onto salmon, until the salmon is fully covered with oil.
Check with a fork or using a knife point, to see if the salmon is cooked. When the salmon is cooked the flesh is easy to separate.
7. Remove salmon from the baking dish and place on a plate.
For avocado puree
10. Spoon the avocado puree on the tomato bed.
11 Lay a piece of salmon on top of the avocado puree on each plate. Sprinkle the fruits, watercress and nuts over the salmon.
12. Drizzle a horseradish dressing over the salad and salmon on each plate and serve.
Hints & Tips;
Ocean trout can be substituted for salmon.
Baby spinach, rocket, alfalfa or micro herbs can be substituted for water cress.