This dairy free, fluffy pan cake is tasty. For this recipe you don’t need add sugar or oil at all. Serve with berries or your choice of sliced fruits. Use pure maple syrup or honey. Garnish with some nuts and icing sugar.
preparation, cooking times 25 minutes,
150 g wholemeal self raising flour
20 g fine desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp level baking soda
1/4 tsp level ground salt (I used himalayan salt)
350 ml coconut milk or 200 ml coconut cream plus 150 ml water
1 large free range egg
3 tbs (45 ml ) oganic apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. In a medium size mixing bowl combine first 4 ingredients, stir well with fork or hand egg balloon beater. Set aside.
2. In another mixing bowl place apple cider vinegar and egg, beat with fork or hand egg beater until combined. Add coconut milk and stir well.
3. Add coconut mixture all at once to dry mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened (batter should be lumpy).
4. For standard pan cakes, pour about 1/4 cup of batter or for very small pancakes pour about 1 tablespoon of batter onto non-greased hot pan.
5. For this recipe you do not need any grease or oil in the pan. Cook medium to low heat about 2 minutes on each side or until pan cakes are golden brown. (Turn to second side when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry).