Another heart, cholesterol, diabetic friendly nuts, grain, dairy, gluten free recipe this healthy cauliflower and broccoli recipe is a perfect healthy choice for you and your family. In this recipe adding avocado lifts the buttery and creamy flavours to the dish. It can be served with roasted vegetables,any meats, seafood or slow cooked, pan fried, barbecue meats and seafoods. This recipe also goes well with any meat curry dishes. This recipe is so easy and healthy.
Preparation & cooking times; 40 mins.
600 g cauliflower
300 g broccoli
1 medium avocado,
salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1. Cut cauliflower and broccoli into small florets. Trim any left stems and cut into pieces florets size. (do not throw the stems from broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage they have so much nutritious values). This is using more and wasting less.
2. Fill a TM bowl with 1.5 Lt of water. Place vegetables into TM steamer, cover and steam for varoma / 25 mins / speed 3. Until vegetable is cooked and soft.
3. Set aside 60 ml water from the TM bowl. Empty the remaining water from the TM bowl.
4.Place all steamed vegetable and avocado flesh into TM bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 10. Scrape down around the TM bowl with a spatula and again mash 5 seconds / speed 10.
5. Scrape down once around the TM bowl with spatula and check the consistency and if needing a little liquid than add liquid from the cooked vegetable.
6. Puree for 1 minute / speed 10.
7. Season with salt and pepper if it required.
Hint and Tips:
Can use one vegetable alone or change the quantity of each vegetable.
Left over puree kept in air tight container or covered with clean wrap will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days.When needed heat in a microwave.