Rich with velvety colour and creamy texture this soup is very nutritious. This recipe is gluten,dairy, nuts, seeds, colour, preservative and eggs free.
Preparation + cooking times: 40 mins.
Makes 2 litre.
300 g beetroots, peeled, cut into 1.5 cm cubes
250 g red cabbage, roughly shredded
250 g red capsicum, deseeded, roughly chopped
250 g potatoes, peeled, cubed
250 g white part leeks, cut into chunks
15 g organic coconut oil or choice of oil
1 level tbs TM vegetable stock
1/2 – 1 level tsp pink Himalayan salt or choice of salt
750 g water
1. Place leeks into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds / speed 7. Scrape down sides with spatula.
Add oil and sauté for 3 minutes / speed soft / reverse / 100°c.
2. Add beetroot, cabbage, capsicum, potato, water, vegetable stock and 1/2 tsp salt, cover with the TM basket and Cook for varoma / 12 minutes / speed 1.
3. Reduce the heat and cook for 100°c / 15 minutes /speed 1.
4. Cover lid with MC cup and blend the soup to desired consistency by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 7 for 30 seconds.
5. Season to taste with salt. Serve warm.