I made this for my two adorable “furries” Sheba and Odin. Actually this snack is good for when they are having this treat I am joining them. Good for salad garnishes, its texture is like jerky, very crispy.
This recipe is low fat, gluten and colour free. Great choice for canine who has pancreatitis and good for canine teeth and weight loss.
Home made treats are always good choices and healthy options to our “furries” (like humans).The other things is we know what we are feeding them.
Preparation + cooking times; 3 hours.
1 kg skinned, free range chicken breast fillets or choice of chicken breast
1. Despite the best sharpened knife chicken breast can still be a slippery slice. Arrange them in a single layer on a freezer suitable plate and place it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to firm up. This method helps to easily slice the meat and prevent salmonella.
2. Preheat the fan-forced oven to 150°c.
3. Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven.
4. Prepare 2 large cookie trays by lining with baking paper set aside.
5. It is very important to slice the chicken breast very thinly as possible, as the finished product will thicken.
7. Turn the chicken over carefully. It should look a like rubber mat.
8. Exchange the position of cookie trays from one rack to other. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until dark golden brown.
Remove trays from the oven and let stand until completely cool and crisped (before cooling down texture is like rubber).