We enjoy the mild dandelion flavour of this stir fried scallops dish. Cucumber brings succulent crunchy texture and it cuts down the bitterness from the dandelion.
I used 30 g dandelion leaves for this recipe and mine are older leaves, so they are more bitter than the young leaves. If you like the flavour of dandelion than use 50 g young dandelion leaves.
Preparation + cooking times; 20 mins.
500 g – 600 g fresh scallops, or frozen scallops thawed, patted dry
150 g cucumber, cut into four lengthwise, roughly chop into 1.5 cm size
100 g leeks white part, thinly sliced
30 g fresh dandelion leaves, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 (2 g)slice ginger, finely chopped
2 tbs G/F oyster sauce
2 tbs water
1 tsp G/F corn flour
3 tbs water
2 tbs grape-seed oil or choice of oil divide into two
* 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1. Mix together oyster sauce, 2 tbs water set aside.
2. Mix together corn flour and 3 tbs water set aside.
3. In a nonstick prying pan, heat 1tbs of oil over medium to high. Add scallops and cook for 1 minute stirring occasionally. Set aside.
4. In the same pan heat 1 tbs oil over medium to high and add leeks, garlic and ginger cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Add cooked scallops, dandelion, cucumber and oyster sauce cook stirring for 1 minute.
6. Add corn flour cook for 30 seconds stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
Serve with steamed rice or fried rice.