Easy and simple but flavoursome and good for light lunch or dinner. Serve with fresh salads or serve on tortilla.
Preparation & cooking times; 25 mins.
500 g(about) skinless flathead fillets, cut into thick strips
60 g rice flour or g/f corn flour
1 level tsp turmeric powder
1/2 level tsp ground cumin
2 (30 ml) level tbs butter
1 (15 ml) level tbs coconut oil or choice of oil
1/2 level tsp ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
250 g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
100 g (about) choice of salad leaves
2 (30 ml) level tbs g/f horseradish cream
2 (30 ml) water
1 (15 ml) level tbs olive oil
1. On a plate mix flour, turmeric and cumin( not salt). Place all the fish in at the same time, mix until evenly coated and leave it on five minutes. All the fish should be flour coated all over.
2. In a small bowl, whisk horseradish, water and oil until well combined. Set aside.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the fish fillets and fry turning occasionally 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through (flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork).
Remove fish from the pan and place over the crumpled kitchen paper towels.
4. Sprinkle the kept salt over the fish.
5. Divide the fish among the servings and place fish over the tomatoes and salad leaves if desired. Drizzle the dressing over the fish and serve immediately.