If you often get caught with little time for baking and you like tangy sweet and coconut flavour you’ll love this coconut, lemon, yogurt and chia seed cake. I used chemical free lemon from my own garden.
Poppy seeds can be substitute to chia seeds.
*Please note; for this recipe I used my kitchen bench top scale to weighing all the ingredients to this recipe. Because after I put on green sealing ring fitted into the my thermomix TM 31 lid and it’s not reading correctly weighing.
Preparation+ baking times 1hour.
185 g unsalted butter, room temperature
4 (about 60-70 g) free range eggs, room temperature
160 ml plain yogurt, room temperature
300 g castor sugar
60 ml fresh lemon juice
120 ml fresh milk, room temperature
Lemon zest from 2 lemons
200 g plain flour
75 g desiccated coconut
2 level tbs chia seeds
1 1/2 level tsp baking powder
1/2 level tsp baking soda
1/4 level tsp ground sea salt
1. Preheat oven to fan forced oven 160°c.
2. Grease a 4 cm deep, 23 cm X 23 cm capacity cake (pan) tin. Line with baking paper.
3. Add butter, yogurt, sugar, baking soda and baking flour into TM bowl cover and beat for 1 minute / speed 5.
4. Add eggs cover with MC and beat for 15 seconds / speed 5.
5. Add juice, milk and then the flour cover with MC and beat for 15 seconds / speed 4.
6. Pour the batter into prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with spatula. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes.
Can keep in cake covered at room temperature 5-6 days.