This wholemeal bread is tasty and texture is great. You can eat this just plain. Kids will love this. Adding honey gives a sweet taste and fragrance to it. Adding milk gives a different taste and a texture with calcium .
150 ml milk
150 ml water
500 g plain wholemeal flour
50 ml oil (your choice)
1 level tbs dried yeast
2 level tsp bread improves
20 g raw-honey or sugar or choice of honey
1 level tsp salt
1. Place water and milk into TM bowl and cover with MC. Heat at 37°c / 2 minutes / speed 1. Cover with MC.
2. Add flour, oil, yeast, bread improves, honey and salt. Mix 5 seconds / speed 5.
3. Knead 5 minutes / cover position / interval setting.
4. Line down the baking paper, all the surfaces covering the inside bread tin.
5. Roll and shape dough to fit into tin. Very loosely cover with the cling wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 – 1 ½ hours.
6. Bake for preheated oven 180°c (350°F) and bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Or till bread sounds hollow when you tap the top with your fingers.
7. Remove bread from tin. Cool on wire rack.
Tips and hints:
When is cold whether like winter; heat your oven 40c and then turn off the oven put your bread dough in it, to rise. I always do this in my kitchen.
Dairy free; replace milk with water.
Honey is replace with 1 tbs brown sugar.
Like to add some nuts or seeds into this recipe, do not add them more than 100g.
Before you add any nuts or seeds, please I want you to try my recipe just plain. Without any nuts or seeds.
You can keep this bread 3-4 days in your pantry. Any leftover slice and put in a plastic bag or zip lock bag and put in the freezer.