This soft wholemeal bread is tasty and texture is great. You will love to have everyday, You can eat this just plain. Kids will love this. Adding honey gives a sweet taste and fragrance to it.
150 ml water
150 ml fresh milk
250g plain wholemeal flour
250g white bread flour.
50ml oil (your choice)
1tb dried yeast
2tsp bread improves
1 ½ tsp table salt
1. Place water and milk into TM bowl and Cover with MC. Heat 2 minutes / speed 1 / 37°c.
2. Add flour, oil, yeast, bread improves, honey and salt. Mix 5 seconds / speed 5.
3. Knead dough for 5 minutes / cover position / interval setting.
4. Line down the baking paper, all the surfaces covering the inside bread tin.
4. Roll and shape dough to fit into tin. Very loosely cover with the clean wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for 1-1 ½ hours. Spray with cold water.
See the picture in Wholemeal bread recipe.https://www.lalaniekitchen.com/2013/07/thermomix-wholemeal-bread/
5. (Place a oven proof dish of water into the bottom of the oven and than heat the oven)
7. Preheat oven 350°F 190°c (fan force oven 180°c)
6. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Or till bread sounds hollow when you tap the top with your fingers. Remove bread from tin. Cool on wire rack.
Tips and hints;
Placing a dish of water into oven will help to give bread to good texture in and out side crispy crust.
When is cold whether like winter; heat your oven 40c and then turn off the oven put your bread dough in it, to rise. I always do this in my kitchen.
Dairy free; replace milk with water.
Honey; replace with 1tb brown sugar.
You can adjust the flour amount for example 300g plain wholemeal and 200g white bread flour.
Like to add some nuts or seeds into this recipe, do not add them more than 100g.
Before you add any nuts or seeds, please I want you to try my recipe just plain. Without any nuts or seeds.
You can keep this bread 3-4 days in your pantry. Any leftover slice put in a plastic bag or zip lock bag and put in the freezer.