Make your own roasted capsicum. Yes it may take times. this is worth. No preservatives or additives. This capsicum recipe can use for breakfast; toast with egg benedict or poach egg. Well go with sandwiches, fresh or cooked salads, dips, for anti pesto plate and pasta dishes.
1.5 kg red and yellow (bell pepper) capsicum cut into quarter,
¼ cup olive oil or choice of oil
3 tbs organic apple cider vinegar or choice of vinegar
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbs raw honey
¼ tsp ground pink Himalayan salt or choice of salt
1. Quarter capsicums ( pepper) remove white part with seeds.
2. Place capsicum in single layer on a tray. Skin side up. Grill in oven until skin blisters and blackens. 8-10 minutes.
3. Place capsicum into a zip lock bag and sealed bag do not let skip the steam from bag. Lets stand 10 – 15 minutes. Or place the grilled capsicum into suitable container cover with cling wrap and let stands 10 – 15 minutes.
4. Peel away skin. Cool on a rack or colander. Let them “dejuice” to the liquid drain.
5. Cut flesh into thick, long strips. Place capsicum into clean sterilised non metal jar.
6. Whisk all about ingredients. Pour over the grilled capsicum and mix well. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Hints & Tips:
The longer the capsicum sit in the dressing, taste is the great.
Why cover hot capsicum with plastic wrap; the steam helps to lift the skin from it. Easy to peel.