(No bake rich chocolate coffee cheese cake with strawberry mirror)
This luscious cheese cake is very tasty. No artificial colour or flavours have been added. Recipe can be made 2 days ahead.
Preparation + chilling times; 5-6 hours.
Serves; 12 to 16.
For the base (crust)
75 g almond meal
25 g dried fine desiccated coconut
30 g raw sugar or caster sugar
15 g G/F cocoa powder (Nestle or Hershey’s)
30 g butter softened
For cream cheese layer
300 ml double (thickened) cream, whipped
2 x 250 g packages cream cheese
100 g raw sugar or your choice of sugar
130 g G/F dark chocolate, cubed
60 ml double cream
1 level tsp instant coffee
1 level tabs (10 g) gelatine powder
60 ml hot water
For berry mirror glaze
450 g fresh berries or 300 g additive & preservative free frozen berries
300 ml water
150 g caster sugar
1 tsp lime or lemon juice
1 level tbs + 1/2 level tsp gelatine powder
60 ml hot berry juice
(No bake rich chocolate coffee cheese cake with Raspberry mirror)
1. Grease 20 cm to 24 cm springform cake tin, line side with baking paper.
2. Combine the almond meal, desiccated coconut, cocoa powder, sugar and butter. Press crumb mixture firmly over bottom of prepared tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. In a small sauce pan add the chocolate, coffee and cream. Cook all ingredients on a very low heat until well combined and chocolate is melted. Set aside in a warm place.
4. Beat cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside or in warmer weather refrigerate until needed.
5. Dissolve the gelatine with hot water and set aside in a warm place.
6. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth (no lumps).
7. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
8. Add the gelatine mixture, beat until well combined.
9. Fold whipped cream into chocolate cheese mixture. Pour chocolate cheese mixture over chilled crumb crust. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
10. Meanwhile make the berry glaze. Place berries into saucepan and crush them to start juices flowing.
11. Add sugar and water. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
12. Pour juice and pulp through cheesecloth-lined colander or fine metal sieve and drain into bowl.
13.Transfer the clean juice into small saucepan, bring to simmer.
14. Scoop 60 ml warm juice into a small cup or bowl, add gelatine and stir gelatine until dissolved.
15. Add the gelatine mixture to juice, stir until well combined. Remove from stove add lime juice and stir well.
Pour juice into a bowl let it to cool until syrupy. do not let jell
16. When mixture is syrupy (cooled) pour over the top of the chilled cheese cake. Refrigerate until set 2 to 3 hours.
Hints & Tips;
Quick set for cheese cake layer: place cheese cake into freezer for 30 to 45 minutes and when surface is set slowly pour berry syrup over the cheese cake and leave to set for a further 30 to 45 minutes in the freezer.