These vegetarian crepes Asian infused are fun to make and can be served rolled, open or folded. Serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If served as an appetiser then make it small size and serve with choice of filling.
Preparation & cooking times; 35 mins + chilling 1 hour.
Makes 25 crepes.
250 g plain flour
650 ml full cream milk
3 (about 60-70g) free range eggs
25 g butter
1/2 level tsp ground pink Himalayan salt or choice of salt
1/2 level tsp ground five-spices
(can use what ever vegetables from in pantry)
200 g fresh mushrooms, chopped
200 g red capsicums, chopped
200 g green beans, blanched, chopped
200 g zucchini, chopped
100 g onion, peeled, finely chopped
2 (30 ml) good quality cooking oil
2 (30 ml) tbs soy sauce
1 (15ml) tbs oyster sauce
60 ml water
2 level tsp cornflour
1 (15 ml) tbs oyster sauce
cooking liquid from the vegetable
1. In a large bowl combine flour, salt and five spice make a well in the centre.
2. Add the eggs in the middle and combine with whisk.
3. Slowly add milk to the flour mix and mix until well combined. The mixture needs to be very smooth (not lumpy at all).
4. If you have the time it can be left to rest for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Heat the crepe-pan or small frying pan on a medium heat. If necessary brush the pan with butter, add a ladleful of batter and tilt pan so batter covers base in a thin film or smooth evenly with the back of the ladle. Cook for 20-30 seconds each side.
6. To prevent sticking put baking paper between each crepe. Do this immediately, or they will become rubbery.
1. Heat oil in the pan (can use nonstick pan) on a medium to high heat. Add onion and fry stirring 1-2 minutes.
2. Add all other vegetables and sauces, cook stirring 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, let stand 2 minutes.
4. Spoon the vegetables and set aside, leaving the sauce in the pan.
Using the same pan.
1. Mix the water and cornflour separately, add into the vegetable sauce.
2. Add oyster sauce and mix until well combined. Cook on medium heat stirring until sauce is a syrupy texture.
3. Remove from the heat. Pour into bowl and set aside.
Serve crepe with filling if desired. Pour sauce over the crepe and serve.